Linux Virtual Desktop
This site contains information for the use of a Linux Virtual Desktop at Wageningen University and Research.
The desktop consists of:
- - 2vCPU
- - 4GB of RAM
- - 40GB of local disk
- - Ubuntu 16.04
- - Unity
- - SSH opened up for internal network
- - SUDO rights to install software
- - Printing to WUR multifunctionals already setup
- - M drive mounted automatically
- - W drive mounted automatically
- - OS updates maintained by FB-IT
This setup is intended as a desktop. Please use it as so. This means we do not allow some form of service running on this machine. Firewall policies will not allow any other ports then ssh to be opened up.
OS and security updates will be installed by us monthly.